amaroK Web Frontend

Audio Apps

Source (link to git-repo or to original if based on someone elses unmodified work): Add the source-code for this project on opencode.net

0
5.0
Available as/for: -
Description:

This allows users to access songs that are in the amaroK MySQL database from anywhere (with a little configuration of course).

NOTE: Do not try and install this from within amaroK's "Get New Scripts!" dialog! It is neither built nor packaged to be installed that way. It is to be installed on a PHP ready web server. As of now I have no intentions of ever making it usable through the amaroK "Get New Scripts!" dialog but this always has the potential to change in the future, although I highly doubt that it will ;)
Last changelog:

15 years ago

Added the ability to download individual songs instead of sending a playlist

raphink

15 years ago

I've got a lot of files. When I try to get the whole playlist, I get the following error :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1048102 bytes) in /var/www/amarok/patTemplate/patTemplate.php on line 2015

Just so you know ;) Thanks much for this great interface :)

Report

menetto

15 years ago

The download for version 1.3 is not yet available on the website...

Report

mfernau

15 years ago

Well, nice Program :)
Some suggestions:

1) please make an option to enable/disable the .pls-Option. Maybe I have a "small" connection and won't allow other users to listen my music :)

2) how about the album-covers? You show the nocover.png Picture by default, but where can I put the coverpictures for my albums?

3) Internationalization: I have "Caf

Report

C

ObsidianX

15 years ago

thanks for your input, and a few notes:

1) the whole point of this script is to share the music with people over the LAN (as is my case) or over a WAN, however you'd like to set it up. but i suppose i can add an option to the output format that disables any output.

2) i've been trying to find a good way to get the album covers out of amarok's cache and into the database for easy access in my script. i built the script around a single directory of mp3s without any subdirectories (possibly ones with artist names and then albums) and i would find it much easier to get the album covers extracted from a database BLOB. but i do have plans to show the real album covers and not just the nocover.png ;)

3) i, too, have seen this weird occurance with the accented letters in my collection and i think its a problem with the mysql database. doing queries in the mysql console client i see the same misuse of symbols for some french songs that i have:

Comptine d'un autre été: l'après-midi
Comptine d'un Autre ete l'apres-midi

so as this is a problem with amarok's method of adding the songs to the database i'll try and find a way to replace common characters and if you could even send me some of your examples of what they are in the listing compared to what they should really be then that would be wonderful


Thanks for the input!
-ObsidianX

Report

mfernau

15 years ago

> if you could even send me some of your examples of what they are in the listing compared to what they should really be then that would be wonderful

sure! But it isn't much. However, here is my list:
1) Apocalyptica - Cortége
-> Apocalyptica - Cort

Report

C

ObsidianX

15 years ago

well i got everything but Ü because its got the oe in it so it wont let me save it for some lame reason...

Report

C

ObsidianX

15 years ago

beautiful, thanks for the list... i'm making a little function to replace the characters in the listings

Report

raphink

15 years ago

I see that you made this function in version 1.3 so now it's supposed to work in occidental encoding ... The problem is that it doesn't affect all letters. So now we have the choice between having some letters badly accentuated in UTF8 or other letters badly accentuated in Occidental. Could you make the encoding stuff optional, since it works great by simply adding an UTF-8 PHP header to index.php ?

UTF-8 won't be a problem anyway, since your extension requires a last generation browser to be used, which is a point no one has reported yet I think : it only works on Firefox >= 1.0 RC2, Konqueror, Mozilla (>= ?), but it won't work on IE (whatever version), Netscape, FF < 1.0 RC2, links, lynx, etc... It only shows a blank page.

Report

mfernau

15 years ago

Thanks! I hope, that you can easily replace these characters.
keep going on with your good work :)

have a nice day

Report

freqmodn

15 years ago

It seems like the reason for theese strange caracters is that amarok stores the names of the songs in unicode. If you paste a name into kwrite with encoding set to cp 1252 then save it, and change the encoding to utf8, the right charaters will up.

The best way to fix this is to convert the entire frontend to utf-8, and then put "header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8");" at the top of the php files before any output.

This meta tag may help too:
[meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /]
([] is html paranteses)

Report

raphink

15 years ago

Yep, adding "header("Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8");" in the beginning of index.php fixes all accents issues :) Thanks for the idea :)

Report

seb

15 years ago

This is one of the coolest, best looking web interfaces i have seen for amarok. Well done!!!

Report

C

ObsidianX

15 years ago

thank you very much :D

Report

15 years ago

Added the ability to download individual songs instead of sending a playlist

12345678910
Be the first to comment
File (click to download) Version Description PackagetypeArchitectureRelease ChannelDevices Downloads Date Filesize DL OCS-Install MD5SUM
*Needs pling-store or ocs-url to install things
Pling
0 Affiliates
Details
license
version
1.8
updated Dec 18 2005
added Jun 14 2005
downloads 24h
0
mediaviews 24h 0
pageviews 24h 2