NewPKI is a PKI based on the OpenSSL low-level API, all the datas are handled through a database, which provides a much more flexible PKI than with OpenSSL, such as seeking a certificate with a search engine.
There is an SQL abstraction layer, the one provided is for a MySQL database.
NewPKI is developed in c++, there are only a few public classes, which allows to handle any kind of application, a standalone, a PHP module, or to easily integrate NewPKI in an existing project.
Here are the key features of the actual version of NewPKI:
- Handling of multiple CAs in one server.
- Publish a certificate request from CSR.
- Publish a certificate request, by specifying the DN fields.
- Certify a request, specifying the DN Policy and the certificate extension.
- Revoke a certificate.
- Generate the CRL.
- Search for the waiting requests, or the certificates.
- OCSP responder.
- LDAP seek and publication.